1. Round brush:It is the most versatile and common nail art brush. It is used for creating intricate designs. It also helps in creating different strokes patterns. These brushes help in making 3d nail art using acrylic powder and monomer.
2. Striping brush:This nail brush helps in creating stripes (long lines), striping stroke patterns and you can also use them to make animal patterns such as zebra or tiger prints. You get straight lines with these brushes with ease. Your set will most likely contain 3 of these brushes.
3. Flat brush:This brush is also known as shader brush. These brushes help in creating long fluid strokes on the nails. It also helps in creating one stroke patterns, blending and shading. They are also helpful in doing gel nails. Your set may contain 2-3 sizes of this brush.
4. Angled brush:This brush basically helps in one stroke nail art flowers on the nail. One stroke designs involve placing two different colours on the brush and using them to greate a gradient effect with flowers,
5. Fan brush:Fan brush has many functions. It helps in shading, creating swirls and also helps in sprinkling glitter. You can create beautiful stroke effects with this brush. It is also used in brushing off excess flocking powder or glitter too.
6. Detailing brush:As the name suggests this brush is used for adding details to your nail design and it has a very good precision effect. You can create many master pieces with this brush. This is the must have brush in your nail art tools stash.
7. Dotter:A dotting tool has a very small head tip which helps in creating many small dotted effects on the nails. For larger dots, you can use other bigger dotting tools in a set.
Different brushes have different purposes and as you practice you will get more comfortable with their uses.